The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is the standard entrance exam for many different graduate and professional programs. Content tested on the GRE includes the following categories: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. It is recommended that students take the GRE in the spring (March/April) of their third year.
The Physician Assistant College Admission Test (PA-CAT) is a new entrance exam for PA programs. Content tested on the PA-CAT includes the following subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, General Biology, Biochemistry, General and Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Behavioral Sciences, Genetics, and Statistics. It is recommended that students take the PA-CAT in the spring (March/April) of their third year. Not all PA programs require the PA-CAT; it is highly recommended that students research if programs they are interested in applying to require the PA-CAT.
Courses tested on the PA-CAT
- BIO 311C, BIO 311D, BIO 205L or 206L (Biology)
- BIO 325 (Genetics)
- CH 301, CH 302, CH 204 (General Chemistry)
- CH 320M, CH 320N, CH 220C (Organic Chemistry)
- BCH 369 (Biochemistry)
- SDS 302 or… Refer to the Approved Statistics Courses List for a complete list
- PSY301 (Psychology)
- SOC302 (Sociology)
- BIO 326R (Microbiology)
- BIO 226L (Microbiology lab)
- BIO 446L (Human Anatomy including Lab)
- BIO 365S (Human Physiology)
- BIO 165U (Human Physiology lab)